today i’m working on: 1, part 1
running project commentary:
1. okay got it to the first big branch choice, that being whether or not kaworu should escape or wait
- don’t want to write the wait tree yet b/c it’s like the anime dude, that’s exactly what you would chose to do with that choice.
- need MORE justification for what’s happening, a few other scenes in the ~mysterious lab place~ that i dont want to write yet
- kawo needs A LOT more push to attempt escape
- need to mention somewhere that he’s in the body of a four year old that’s kinda importante whoops
another idea for the project blog:
lesbian happy adventure based on that one CD with the story about light and dark and love and you know exactly what im talking about, right future me?
i also have an idea for quark tenmyouji’s great adventures in a post-apocalyptic world which i could totally write at some other point
okay so how this is gonna go down:
- kaworu needs to somehow talk himself into escaping from SEELE early because???? why the fuck not
- how does a five year old superhuman escape from a super secure laboratory without getting caught (he can totes do this btw, this part is should be relatively easy with maybe one bad ending, which would only boot you out to the intro section again though i’ll have to shorten that to be less exposition)
beginning part 2:
- kaworu meets a five-year old shinji crying alone somewhere??? his teacher obviously doesn’t care for him beyond his cello prowess and would rather not take care of him. kaworu befriends little shinji and they grow up together kinda. MIX THIS WITH kaworu running from SEELE and NERV because they’re both after his sorry ass. if he doesn’t disguise himself, he’s gonna get caught real fast.
middle part 1:
kaworu and shinji reaching the end of growing up. shinji gets that phone call from his dad and kaworu decides to go with shinji and just hides his identity very carefully, supporting shinji through everything and also keeping him from living with misato possibly
- if he lives with misato, less happy shinji. think a slightly more stable anime shinji. no potential sex.
- if he lives with kaworu, happier shinji though still emotionally FUBAR. also this could lead to„„ potential shinji sexing up kaworu IF they discuss the relationship. because lbr, kaworu’s fucking clueless about sex beyond the basics.
end part 1:
shinji kills angels in the eva while kaworu wonders if he should just like, kidnap shinji or try to fuck up gendo’s plans.
- he should totally try to fuck up gendo’s plans, with one of the results being COMPLETE FAILURE as he causes instrumentality (leading to bad flashbacks in later timelines AND EMOTIONAL SUFFERING)
- another result should be that he DOES fuck up gendo’s plans but then gendo pulls the “lol shit i have adam” card on kaworu and a) accidentally causes instrumentality with gendo ewww b) beats gendo’s sorry ass into the ground and is forced to reveal himself to everyone. he’s probably still killed because of this OR EVEN BETTER/WORSE shinji gets killed because of this.
- kaworu talks shinji into going with him but is still compelled to join with adam, eventually losing his mind and maybe killing shinji that would be boss
old shit under the cut
i’m feeling 50% done w/ the draft because i need more exposition/less angsty philosophizing also i think i need a different starting point hmmmm
story one: shotas all alone in the world find each other. i need to flesh this out and get a basic outline done so i know where the fuck im going with it.
- also need to decide if i should have any happy endings??? because they kind of ruin the emotional idea im going for and i think this is going to be the “first cycle” of stories of a sort and i’m going for a specific emotional arc with it, depending on how large im allowed to make this (we will see)
story two: kaworu befriends rei or asuka or misato or ritsuko??? because i want him to have another emotional connection that isn’t shinji. but why??? we just don’t know
story three: gotta brainstorm up another AU and maybe turn this one into the technical first story (son if you don’t know evangelion then this game will make no sense to you)
- possibly a shinji-kaworu role switch AU (eXCEPT I NEED THIS ONE TO BE ONE OF THE LAST ONES BC IT WOULD MAKE KAWORU BE LIKE WHOA FUCK WHAT AM I DOING)
gonna use this blog for my as of now unnamed kawoshin text game/fanfic thing
what a name
the basic concept here is “what if the player got to see kaworu live through the multiple timelines and reboots that are implied by the nge franchise and maybe even potentially affect his decisions?” because i think that’s just neat and it’d be a great way to characterize both kaworu and shinji under different circumstances
anyway, problems i need to address that i can think of off the top of my head:
1. twine or ren’py? im going to start with twine but i might have to switch over to ren’py if twine can’t handle the insane amount of branching storylines that i want to happen also because i dont want to make a visual novel (i cant draw at all and drawing actual characters from fandom is asking for disaster)
2. second or third person? im feeling second because i can write second person so much easier and it lends itself better to this adventure novel-esque style
3. should i set it up in chapter segments? like„, one continuity/life time is one game and etc. i don’t really want to do this because i think it would be more fun to let the player’s choices affect the later timelines and kaworu’s thoughts/potential actions.
- if i do choose to set it up like that, i’ll have to have a choice that loops the readers back to the beginning of each life if they want to in order to see the potential other options
tbc probably, this post is just me kinda thinking out loud/on a blog